Tacos are not only delicious, they’re also ridiculously easy to prepare because basically let your guests do the assembling. This hot and savory blend of homemade pork and beans is kept light with fresh cilantro and red onions. Perfect for a game day or casual dinner with friends, this is the ultimate pork taco recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs. pork shoulder, 1/2-inch strips
- 1 can of Northern beans, 14 oz.
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp. ground ancho chile
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 dozen small wheat tortillas, 4 1/2 inches
- 1 bunch of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tomatillo salsa, for serving
Season pork with cumin, ancho chile, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Work the spices into the meat with hands and refrigerate for up to 1 hour to overnight. In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat. After 3 minutes, add beans. Finish cook meat until browned, 2-4 more minutes. In another large pan, heat tortillas on both sides over medium heat. Assemble the tacos by spooning out the pork onto each tortilla. Garnish with red onion, salsa, cheddar cheese, and cilantro.