Looking for a delicious, nutritious and low-effort dinner? Then our Lemon-Pepper Pasta is perfect for you. Add this healthful pasta dish to your weeknight rotation for a vegetable rich dish.
- 2 C. uncooked farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1 med. red bell pepper, chopped (1 C.)
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 15-oz. can navy beans, drained, rinsed
Cook and drain pasta as package directs. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, asparagus, lemon peel, salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in lemon juice and beans. Cook until beans are hot. Add pasta; toss with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with pepper.