Open Faced Egg and Avocado Sandwich
Take a break from your traditional hamburger recipe and grill up something new like our tasty black bean burger. It is a great and healthy vegetarian alternative to a traditional burger. Try serving our Black Bean Burger recipe with sliced vegetables and homemade guacamole for a fun and tasty twist.
- 1 16-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 4 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 Tbs. cumin
- 1 Tbs. bottled hot sauce
- ½ C. breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet. (If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill on high heat.)
- Using a fork mash black beans in a medium bowl until they resemble a paste and set aside.
- Place bell pepper, onion and garlic in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Combine with the black beans.
- In a separate small bowl mix together the egg, chili powder, cumin and chili sauce. Add to the black beans and combine well. Divide and form mixture into four patties.
- Place the patties on the baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping half way through cooking. (If grilling, place patties on lightly oiled aluminum foil and grill about 15 minutes, flipping half way through cooking.) Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!