These days I’ve noticed a lot of hype around paleo diets and keto diets. All of a sudden athletes and stars are promoting these strict diets that essentially cut out carbs and sugars. I don’t know about all of you ladies out there, but that is something extremely hard to cut out.
I am a CARB LOVER! Toss me noodles, rice, bread, pizza, pasta, and I’m in heaven. And I know many of you love sweets! While I don’t follow any particular diet in a die-hard fashion, I do try to create a balanced diet pulling from some of those principles. So while I know carbs are not the best for your waistline, I do make it a point not to cut it out completely.
Healthy grains are always part of my diet which takes care of replacements for rice, but what about noodles or pasta? Sure there are great alternatives these days for pasta using brown rice, quinoa, beans, etc. But those are still loaded with carbs. So what do you do when you crave that delicious chow mein you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant but can’t afford all those carbs? After testing out different products, I’ve found an absolute gem!
Tofu Shirataki noodles are my answer to carb-free and fat-free Asian-style noodle dishes. These are my go-to carb-free noodles that packs a ton of flavor without hurting your waistline! Check out my favorite recipe below:
This recipe makes one serving.
- 1 Individual pack of tofu Shirataki noodles ( Fettucini )
- 1 cup ground grass fed beef (pick 10% fat) – turkey or chicken works as well
- 1 cup diced celery (for added crunch)
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. ponzu
- 2 tbsp. braggs soy sauce or tamari
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. siracha (optional)
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Toss beef in 1 tablespoon braggs, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp garlic salt, ½ tsp ginger powder
- Marinate beef in seasoning first. Set aside
- Heat your non-stick pan to high heat and add the avocado oil. Add the beef to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the beef is cooked through, add your celery and incorporate
- Open the pack of tofu shirataki noodles and rinse 3 times with cold water. Be sure to rinse the noodles thoroughly to get rid of the liquid it was sitting in. There is a particular smell from the liquid so do rinse vigorously before adding to pan.
- Once you’ve rinsed the noodles, pat dry the noodles and add to your pan with the beef
- Stir -fry all the components along with all your remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 5 minutes to get all that flavor cooked into the noodles.