Fried fish strips are one of our favorite meals. But, as we all know, they can be extremely unhealthy.
Instead of giving up fried fish all together, we’ve come up with a way to enjoy it without having to feel guilty! This recipe uses panko crumbs instead of normal bread crumbs and the recipe is baked, rather than fried. Try it out for yourself!
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tbsp. margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tilapia fillets, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp.chopped parsley
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray a baking pan with cooking spray
- In a bowl, mix melted margarine, garlic powder, salt, and lemon juice.
- On a plate, spread out the panko crumbs in an even layer.
- Taking one tilapia strip at a time, dip the strip into the margarine mixture and coat it completely.
- Then press the skinless side of the strip into the panko crumbs.
- Then place the strip skin side down on the baking pan.
- Repeat with all the remaining tilapia strips.
- Spinkle the strips with chopped parsley.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the strips cool before serving.