Quesadillas make for a great last-minute meal, or even as a party appetizer. The next time you’re looking for a filling quesadilla, give this veggie-loaded recipe a try! With each serving under 500 calories, who wouldn’t want to try it?
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small redbell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin 1-inch-long strips
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1/3 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 6 large flour tortillas
- salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In large nonstick skillet, cook peppers and onion in 1 teaspoon oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in cumin and chili powder.
- Cook and stir roughly a minute longer.
- Stir in cilantro, then remove vegetable mixture from heat.
- Spread cream cheese over half of one side of each tortilla.
- Top with pepper mixture.
- Fold tortilla in half over peppers, pressing gently.
- Place tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tortillas with the remaining oil.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then cut each quesadilla into four wedges.
- Serve warm. Top with salsa, if desired.