Unlike most traditional minestrone recipes, this recipe keeps one ingredient at the focus. We love zucchini, so even in the winter months, we’re loading up our soup recipes with it! This healthy zucchini minestrone is so delicious, and it’s incredibly filling. Make if for dinner tonight, or save the recipe for an upcoming party!
- 1 46 oz. can tomato juice
- 1 lb. beef eye of round cut into tiny pieces
- 1 quart pasta sauce
- 1 quart beef broth
- 4 fresh zucchini, halved and chopped
- 3 15 oz. cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 14 1/2 oz. cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 15 oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 C. uncooked whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- Rinse and drain mixed vegetables and kidney beans.
- In a large stockpot, combine all ingredients, except macaroni.
- Bring to a full boil, turn heat to medium, cover and simmer for 30 minutes (until beef is tender).
- Add macaroni and cook uncovered for 8 minutes until macaroni is fully cooked.
- Stir to prevent sticking.