Here’s one of our absolute favorite brunch recipes. This blueberry French toast is incredibly delicious, and is perfect when you have to serve a crowd of people. If you don’t like blueberries, feel free to swap them out for another fruit of choice! Apples, strawberries, and raspberries all taste great with this recipe.
- 1 large loaf whole-wheat bread
- 8 large eggs
- 3-1/2 C. skim milk
- 1 1/2 fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tub low-sugar whipped topping
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- Combine brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Coat crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Pour 1/3 of the sugar mixture into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add half of the loaf of bread
- Layer another 1/3 of the sugar mixture on top.
- Add half of the blueberries on top of the sugar mixture.
- Repeat steps 4-6 one more time.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture on top of the layered ingredients and gently push down to get the eggs and milk to the bottom layers.
- Cover the crockpot, and place into the refrigerator for at least an hour to allow the bread to soak.
- Then cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve with a scoop of whipped topping and enjoy!