A bowl of French onion soup makes for a perfect winter meal. Make this savory soup on a chilly day, and let your crockpot do all the cooking for you!
- 4 large yellow onions, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 lb. stew beef
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat onions and butter in saucepan over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix beef broth with onions.
- Place beef in crockpot.
- Pour mixture over meat and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Top with mozzarella cheese before serving.