Here’s a pizza recipe that’s actually good for you! This pizza uses a cauliflower crust, which helps to cut back on your carbohydrate and calorie intake. Once you try this tasty recipe, you’ll never want to eat your pizza any other way!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 large tomato, cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower into the bowl of your food processor and process until it looks like rice. Remove cauliflower and place in a microwave safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 8 to 10 minutes or until cauliflower is cooked.
- Once cooked and still hot (but cool enough to handle), place the riced cauliflower into a tea towel or thick paper towel and wring out all of the moisture. It’s important you get it as dry as possible
- Add egg, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, seasoning, salt and black pepper to the cauliflower. Mix the ingredients together and press the dough into a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray. Try to shape into a circle, if desired. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Top with tomato slices and remaining mozzarella cheese, then bake for another 20 minutes to finish the pizza.