Do you love to eat orange chicken from the Chinese take-out restaurants? If so, you may want to drop everything and make this recipe! Instead of taking little bites of fried chicken and dousing them with unhealthy sauce, we came up with a better and more healthy version of an old favorite. Instead we’re making orange chicken drumsticks in the crockpot and coating them with a more figure-friendly sauce.
- 3 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup orange juice + 1 Tbs. orange juice
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- Place chicken in a greased slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl combine3/4 cup of orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard, garlic salt, and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on low.
- Remove chicken slow cooker and keep warm.
- Take out 1 cup of cooking liquid and bring to a boil in saucepan.
- Stir together 1 Tbs. of orange juice and the cornstarch, add to boiling sauce.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes until thick.
- Pour over the chicken and enjoy.