Tried of stuffed peppers? Give this quinoa and veggie stuffed eggplant recipe a try! It’s packed with vegetables, cheese, and spices that are loaded with nutrients and vitamins. This meal is not only delicious, it’s also incredibly healthy and filling.
- 1 eggplant, cut in half lengthwise and remove pulp (dice the pulp and set aside)
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked according to package instructions)
- 1 (15 oz.) can of corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can of peas, drained
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and prepare all vegetables and quinoa.
- Heat olive oil over a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers, eggplant pulp, corn, and peas to the skillet and saute until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Gently mix in quinoa and remove from heat.
- Set the eggplant halves on a large baking sheet, skin down.
- Evenly spoon the quinoa mixture into the eggplant halves.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggplant shells become tender.