Eggs are one of the most commonly consumed item in the mornings. I personally am a creature of habit and make it point to have eggs for breakfast at least 3-4 times a week. Given that, it would mean that I eat eggs 16-18 times a month and about 200 times a year. If you are in my boat or even close to these numbers, then you will also find the predicament of wanting to have something other than the same old egg dishes. How many scrambles, plain fried eggs or omelets can you have before you get tired of it?
A great way to throw in new egg dishes every month is to pick some protein that you want added that’s different each week or pick out vegetables you want to incorporate that’s different from the week before. Some of my favorite proteins to throw into my eggs are diced bacon, shredded chicken, roast chicken, sausage, ground beef, chorizo, and pulled pork just to name a few. Of these choices, chorizo is one of my favorites as it packs a lot of flavor and gives your regular egg dish a huge boost. Another great thing about chorizo is that it’s so full of flavor that you don’t even really need to season your eggs when you use them.
So without further do, here is one of my favorite breakfast dishes I make that’s super easy and delicious. And did I mention it’s a waist friendly meal as well given that it’s mostly protein and veggies.
- 1 whole organic egg
- ¼ cup turkey chorizo (Comes pre-packaged. You can use beef or pork if you prefer)
- ½ cup sliced button mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced sugar snap peas
- 2 tsp. avocado oil
- Heat a non-stick to high heat and add avocado oil. (Avocado oil has a higher smoking point and thus is perfect for frying an egg) Notice the bottom of my sunny side egg is not white. It’s got a crisp brown edge to it. The crisp bottom adds a layer of texture to your egg dish.
- Do not over cook the eggs, make sure it’s a runny yolk thus do not flip the egg over. Only cook one side on high heat.
- Now in a separate non-stick pan, heat the pan to high heat and add 1 tsp. avocado oil
- Add your chorizo and stir for 1 minute and then add your mushrooms.
- Cook for another 3 minutes and add your sugar snap peas.
- Saute everything together for another 2 minutes and plate.
- Slide your fried sunny side egg on top and garnish if you like.
- If you like it hot, drizzle a little tapatio or Tabasco on top for some added heat!