Spaghetti night without the guilt? Who knew it could be this easy! Spaghetti squash has become quite the staple in my kitchen. The noodle-like vegetable makes it seem like you’re eating pasta without the dreaded carb-overload. Make this recipe with your favorite pasta sauce and you’ll be in Italian heaven.
- 2 to 3 lb. spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jar marinara sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place whole spaghetti squash on a baking pan.
- Cook 35 to 45 minutes or until squash pierces easily with a fork. Turn every 10 minutes.
- Remove squash from the oven; allow cooling.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Using the tines of a fork, scrape the inside of the squash to remove the spaghetti-like strands.
- In a bowl, toss squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan heat the sauce until it begins to lightly boil. Remove from heat.
- Serve sauce over the squash and enjoy!