Have you jumped on the zucchini pasta bandwagon yet? The veggie-pasta trend has been around for a couple years, and we’re loving it more than ever in 2015. This recipe is simple, yet loaded with flavor. I love taking these leftovers to work the next day for a hearty and nutritious lunch. Try it out for yourself!
- 6 zucchini, roughly 1.5 lbs.
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Julienne the zucchini, place in a colander, sprinkle with the salt and drain. Then use paper towels to squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini noodles, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the skillet.
- Stir well while cooking for 4-5 minutes, or until the noodles become tender.
- Before removing from heat, add the almonds and stir.
- Remove from heat and serve.