We love quinoa as a side dish or as a base in our main courses, but have you ever tried eating quinoa for breakfast? It’s our newest obsession. The quinoa is loaded with nutrients to help your day get started off on the right foot. This recipe includes an orange and raisins which add a deliciously sweet and fruity flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups of water
- 3 tbsp. raisins
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. agave nectar
- In a sauce pan, mix quinoa and water over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- About three minutes before the quinoa is done, fluff with a fork, then continue cooking.
- Remove from heat and stir in agave nectar.
- Mix in raisins and orange pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!