Did you know some salads can have as many calories as a burger? All the blame falls on the salad dressing. Don’t even get me started on the sodium, especially because a serving size is typically just a tablespoon! No need to stress because this healthy vinaigrette recipe will save you from ever having to worry about eating an “unhealthy” salad again.
The ingredients are simple!
- 1/2 C. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbs. dry mustard
- 1/2 C. apple cider vinegar
Mix all ingredients together. To make the texture extra smooth try blending it in a blender before serving!
- 1 19 oz. can , drained and rinsed black beans
- 1/2 C. chopped red onion
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. diced jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, chopped and seeded
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 12 oz. can of kernel corn, drained or
- 1 1/2 C. thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp. salt
After you have mixed it all together let it chill in the fridge to allow the flavors to blend.