Why buy hummus at the store when you can save money by making it at home? Not only will this recipe save cash, but it also cuts out the added unhealthy ingredients that are typically added to store-bought hummus. Add whole wheat crackers and freshly sliced veggies to the hummus, and you’ll have yourself a filling and tasty snack!
- 1 package whole-wheat crackers
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 3-4 radishes, sliced
For the hummus:
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tsp. garlic puree
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Combine all the hummus ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Spoon hummus onto crackers and top with sliced vegetables.