Are banana chips not the best part of trail mixes? Not only are they sweet because they’re fruits, but they’re crunchy like nuts. This recipe is a great formula to dry fruits in general and only the oven temperature and time need to be adjusted accordingly. Dried bananas will only be the first dried fruit you’ll want try.
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 1/2 C. Water
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- Cut and slice bananas thinly and evenly so that they will dry similarly.
- Soak banana slices in lemon juice and water for 10 minutes.
- Blot dry with a lint-free towel.
- Preheat the oven to 135 degrees F.
- Place parchment paper onto baking sheets.
- Arrange banana slices in a single layer, and do not allow pieces to touch.
- Top fruit with silicone pan liner to keep them from curling up as they dry.
- Place fruit into the oven and rotate pans every 2 hours for 6 hours.