Fruits are so different, dried kiwi should really only be compared to fresh kiwi. They are both delicious and healthy snacks at any time. They are both sweet, but eating dried kiwi definitely allows us to feel like we are indulging in candy. Very healthy candy is what dried kiwi should always be described as. And it actually takes a lot less time to dry than other fruits.
- 6 ripe kiwis, pealed and rinsed
- 2 C. Water
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- Slice kiwis evenly so that they will dry around the same time.
- Soak kiwi slices in lemon juice and water for 10 minutes.
- Blot dry with a lint-free towel.
- Preheat the oven to 150-170 degrees F.
- Place parchment paper onto sheet pans.
- Arrange kiwi slices in a single layer, and do not allow pieces to touch.
- Place fruit into the oven for 3-4 hours and rotate pans halfway.