Here’s a homemade snack recipe that we all loved as kids! What if we told you it was healthy? We aren’t playing around when we tell you this delicious raspberry fruit leather recipe may just change your mind of processed candies forever. Oh, and ladies, it’s probably worth mentioning that this recipe costs less than ten dollars to make and only uses three ingredients. This is great news for those less than stellar bakers feel like pros!
Raspberry Fruit Leather
Total time: 30 minutes preparation + 3 hour cooking
- 1 1/2 C. fresh raspberries
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the raspberries, lemon juice and sugar into either a food processor or blender. Process until the mixture is smooth. Press trough a fine-mesh strainer to remove the seeds.*
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread to create an even, thin layer. Bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the leather is no longer wet and sticky.
- Remove the baking sheet to a wire rack and allow the fruit leather to cool. Once cooled, cut into strips using either a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Roll the fruit leather with parchment paper to preserve and store in an airtight container.
- *Note: This step is optional and is only necessary is you prefer your fruit leather without seeds.