With the New Year almost here, it’s time to start planning out your 2015 snack strategy. If you’re anything like us, you won’t give up junk food completely. So instead of planning out a strict diet, just make healthier decisions when it comes to eating.
This recipe is for homemade sweet potato chips. Personally, I think these chips taste even better than the store-bought bags. You can make this recipe with just sweet potatoes, or you can add in a red potato for a little extra color! Try it out and let us know what you think!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 red potato (optional)
- 2 Tbs. virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. coarse sea salt
- 1 Tbs. garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the sweet potatoes and red potatoes into think slices and place in a container with a lid.
- In a small bowl, mix salt, and garlic powder.
- Pour the olive oil over the potato slices and place the lid on the container
- Shake the container to thoroughly coat the potato slices in the olive oil.
- Remove the lid and add the mixture of salt and garlic powder. Shake to coat.
- On a metal cookie sheet, or baking pan (no glass), lay out the coated potato slices, being sure they do not touch.
- Place the cookie sheet or pan in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes; the potato slices will likely curl up on the edges, this is normal.
- Remove from oven when crispy and cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving