Did you know that you can fight belly fat by eating? You read that correctly! Here’s a list of foods that are great for your waistline!
- Avocados are rich in mono-unsaturated fats which prevent blood sugar spikes – one of the causes of fat storage around the midsection.
- Bananas are high in potassium, which helps limit sodium – too much of which can lead to a swollen belly.
- Yogurt maintains the healthy bacteria in your gut, which also ensures optimal digestion and other gastrointestinal functions.
- Berries are loaded with antioxidants, which help improve blood flow and oxygen delivery to the muscles; they’re great as pre- and post-workout snacks!
- Chocolate skim milk is a great post-workout drink as it facilitates faster muscle recovery and is great for bone health.
- Three cups of green tea daily can help you burn an additional 30 calories.
- Whole grains are packed with fiber, which helps keep insulin levels low and also provides longer-lasting energy.