Bananas are one healthy snack to not miss out on. The fruit sustains your blood sugar during workouts, can lower blood pressure and can protect against strokes and heart attacks. Added with low-carb yogurt, there is no way you can go wrong with this recipe.
- 2 liters of whole milk
- yogurt starter
- Boil milk to 185 degrees F to get rid of any bacteria.
- Continuously stir milk and when it reaches 185 degrees F, remove from heat and place in a pan of ice.
- Let milk cool in ice until it is just above boiling (100 degrees F). Take milk off of ice pan and let it cool by itself.
- When milk is at a steady boil, take out 1 cup of milk and add yogurt starter. Stir until yogurt starter dissolves.
- Pour yogurt-milk mixture into previous bowl of milk and place the entire bowl of milk into a glass container. Leave it to ferment for 24 hours to create plain yogurt.
- If you want Greek yogurt, place strainer lined with cheesecloth in a bowl, scoop yogurt into it and strain for at least 5 hours in refrigerator.
When yogurt is to your pleasing, add bananas and serve. Add honey if wanted.