Looking for a quick fix weight loss program that offers rapid results? Then the Military Diet might be for you. This diet has become a popular weight loss alternative among dieters seeking early success and fast results.
The Military Diet, otherwise known as the Three-Day Diet, is used in the military by new recruits, and also by those needing to achieve a specific weight for certain surgical procedures.
This diet consists of precise quantities of food for each meal over three days, and claims that you can lose up to ten pounds during this period. After returning to a normal eating schedule for four days, you can repeat the three-day plan and lose up to 40 pounds in a month.
The Military Diet is chemically formulated meaning that, in order to succeed, it is essential to adhere precisely to the prescribed foods and quantities allotted. Here is an example of three days on this diet.
- Breakfast: ½ Grapefruit, 1 slice toast, 2 Tbs. peanut butter and coffee or tea
- Lunch: ½ Cup of tuna, 1 slice toast and coffee or tea
- Dinner: 3 ounces any type of meat, 1 cup green beans, ½ banana, 1 small apple and 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Breakfast: an egg, a slice of toast, and half a banana
- Lunch: 1 cup of cottage cheese, a hard-boiled egg, and five saltine crackers
- Dinner: Two hot dogs without buns, 1 cup broccoli, ½ cup carrots, half a banana, and ½ cup ice cream
- Breakfast: 5 Saltine crackers, 1 slice cheddar cheese and 1 small apple
- Lunch: 1 hard boiled egg and one slice of toast
- Dinner: 1 Cup of tuna, half a banana, and ½ cup ice cream
- Rapid weight loss is not considered healthy; however, there are times when you may need to lose weight quickly such as for surgery or an imminent wedding. For these occasions, the Military Diet is bot effective and cheap, but make sure to consult your doctor first.