Chicken is a great source of protein, but how you cook it also matters! Here are some heart-healthy ways to cook your chicken!
- Choose white meat, which has less cholesterol and saturated fat than dark meat; remove the skin, too.
- Rub olive oil on chicken, throw in some garlic, lemon, bell peppers, carrots, and other vegetables you like, and bake.
- Grill together vegetables and skinless chicken so you won’t need to use any oil or fat.
- Poach chicken in water mixed with peppercorns, carrots, celery, and thyme.
- Stir-fry lean, skinless, and boneless chicken breasts together with your vegetables of choice using a tablespoon of canola oil or extra-light olive oil.