Here are some of our tips to keep in mind while trying to shed those extra pounds.
- Water, water and more water. This is the number one way to start noticing a difference in your weight. Drink water with every meal or make sure you drink 8 or more ounces a day.
- Cure your sweet tooth with fruit! Instead of eating ice cream or a slice of cake, try making fruit salads to keep in your fridge. It will help you be less tempted to give into the bad sugars rather than the good!
- Nothing is worse than feeling bloated in your skinny bikini, to avoid this try peppermint tea, It helps your digestive system and releases bloat.
- An important rule of thumb is to give up meat, especially red meat. I know this is a big thing to give up so at least try cutting down on meat while finding another form of protein.
- Eat whole foods as much as possible and stop snacking when you are not hungry! We all do it, catch ourselves snacking when we aren’t even hungry.
- Read labels on everything from food and makeup. It’s important to know exactly what you are putting in your body, wouldn’t you say?
- Start listening to your body! It’s not a waste basket, so don’t treat it like one.